Getting your Home Ready for Sale
-Your front yard and entrance are the first things prospective buyers see. Clear the cobwebs and pick up the front yard.
-Fresh paint on the front door and trim will help make a great first impression.
- Turn all lights on and open drapes, lights make a home look cheerful and more spacious.
- Clear out clutter: keep stairways clear and arrange closets, rent a storage unit to store clutter and unnecessary items, wash dishes, put away clothes, straighten up newspapers and magazines.
- Make needed repairs: loose doorknobs, sticking doors and windows, and torn screens distract from the value of the home.
- Make kitchens and bathrooms sparkle, this will make a big impression on buyers.
- Keep pets out of the way and out of the house if possible, they tend to distract a prospective buyer.
- Be prepared to leave the house during showings, it can be difficult for prospective buyers to imagine themselves living in the home if you are still in it.